[121129] 2NE1 Wins 2012 MelOn Music Awards ‘TOP 10 Award’ + Nominated for ‘Artist of the Year’, ‘Best Song’ & ‘Caller Bell’ Categories


It looks like for the 3rd year in a row 2NE1‘s amazing digital sales, particularly on Korea’s largest online music retailer, MelOn.com has catapulted them into an award. It was announced earlier today that 2NE1 along with 9 other artists, identified below, will be the recipient of the ‘Melon Top 10′ Award.

Despite the voting not placing 2NE1 in the top 10′, luckily voting is only 20% of the score, the remaining 80% digital score was enough to rank high enough to win one of the ‘Top 10 Awards‘. The Top 10 artists of the year are recognized by MelOn and each receive a trophy.

 

Now, a second round of voting is open at it goes until December 13, with the award ceremony taking place the following day, December 14th at the Olympic Gymnastic Stadium in Seoul. 2NE1 is nominated in as an Artist of the Year, along with the other ‘MelOn Top 10′ winners; “Best Song” category along with 19 other popular songs of the year and the “Caller Bell” category. A caller bell is what Korea calls a ringback tone or rather music played to a caller as they wait for you to pick up the phone. The full nominees list is provided in screen caps at the bottom of the page.

Artist of the Year Nominees

In addition, label mates PsyBig Bang, and G-Dragon are nominated for Album of the Year, Lee Hi is nominated for the Rookie Award, G-Dragon‘s “One of a Kind” and Big Bang‘s “Fantastic Baby” are nominated for the Netizen’s Popularity Award, Psy’s “Gangnam Style” is up for Music Video of the Year. Epik High‘s “It’s Cold” is nominated in the Hip-Hop Music Style Category.

Unfortunately, only fans with a Korean SS# or Alien Registration # can vote for the Mel0n Awards. Mel0n is based (80%) digital sales and (20%) online votes. The digital sales are from Melon.com only, so referencing GAON or Billboard digital numbers won’t be exactly reflective of Mel0n’s numbers. This is also why some very popular groups are missing, or not ranking very high, as their digital sales on MelOn are not very good.

Experts are anticipating to see much competition for the Global Artist award and Netizen Popularity Battle this year. The Global Artist award now collects data from YouTube viewership (40%) and online votes (60%), now applying opinions and votes of overseas fans via the internet. Netizen Popularity Battle award also reflect online voting up to 60%.

YG Artists really do well in Melon sales so we have high hopes for 2NE1‘s success at the upcoming ceremony. In any event, YGE has already confirmed through that the girls will be performing at the awards ceremony so we have that to look forward to. It looks like MelOn will be placing even more emphasis on performances and making the show have a music festival atmosphere than in years past.

Here’s another preview clip of posted by MelOn in case you missed it.  

Congratulations again to 2NE1 and good luck to our girls in the current round of voting.

Blackjacks what do you think are 2NE1′s chances of winning at the MelOn Awards.

Source: Melon.com
Article & Translations by staff@ygladies.com

In other 2NE1 scheduling news (click links for more deals about each event)

    • 11/30 — New Evolution in Singapore Press Conference (Time TBD)
    • 11/30 — Sara Wee Interview in Singapore
    • 11/30 — 2012 MNET  Music Awards (MAMAs) in Hong Kong [2NE1’s Appearance Unconfirmed]
    • 12/1   — New Evolution -Singapore
    • 12/3   — Last day to preorder 2NE1′s New Evo Live CD
    • 12/3 — Last day to enter Etude House-PH’s ’Let’s Play: From Dull to “Doll” Contest Event
    • 12/4   — 2NE1′s New Evo Live CD released
    • 12/8   — New Evolution -Malaysia {Cancelled}
    • 12/8   — So-Loved Awards Winners announced
    • 12/10 — will.I.am’s #willpower album featuring a song with 2NE1 is scheduled for release
    • 12/14 — 2012 Melon Awards [Livestream via Youtube]
    • 1/18 — Minzy’s Birthday
    • 1/31  — 22nd Annual High1 Seoul Music Awards [2NE1’s Appearance Unconfirmed]

Best Song Nominees

Caller Bell Nominees

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *